Monday, July 18, 2011

Paintball - Blasts of Fun!

Jennie and I getting ready
So if I start rambling and not making too much sense in this particular posting, it's because I was nailed in the head with a paintball.  For reals.  Marsha's husband Kevin got me good.  And you know what?  I totally deserved it!  Bobbing around like a wanna be Rambo, it was just a matter of time.  Other than the head shot, the game was so fun!  I think paintball gave me a real understanding of who I am...a really nervous fighter.  I either spray bullets like nobody's business or hunker down and silently pray that the game will be ending soon.  I don't think my heart could beat any faster.  I could literally hear it pumping like mad!  The girls invited the husbands for this unique event and I am so glad we did.  The boys got along great.  But seriously how could they not really enjoy themselves when the first game was "capture the flag" and it was husbands against wives?  It feels great to shoot someone with little to no consequences.  Wait, does that not sound sinister or what?  On two occasions I nailed my own husband with a satisfactory spray.  Maybe that will teach him to pick his clothes up off the floor!  Not likely.  The setting was fantastic with a beautiful summer morning in Millerville (just outside Calgary) country.  The girls were impressive, diving into bushes and hiding around trees and bunkers.  The only thing missing was a cold one after the game.  We are already in the process of planning another go at it!  Special thanks goes to Groupon for providing an awesome deal of just $20 for two people to go nuts and a big shout out to Jesse from Rampage Paintball for showing us the ropes and dealing with the likes of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear form you! Thanks for leaving us a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...