Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Country Strong - from the person who dislikes country

Went to a movie with the Try It Girls last night.  The movie up for discussion is Country Strong.  Personally, I dislike country.  There is just something about it that turns me off.  Maybe it brings me back to a time in the car with my dad and "Diggin' Up Bones" by Randi Travis was cranked on the radio.  I shutter even now when I think about it.  But strangely enough I really liked the movie. It could have been the cast, that included Gwyneth Paltrow and my fave Gossip Girl, Leighton Meester.  Or the really cute Garrett Hedland who had an amazing voice.  I'm not sure what made it appeal to me, but all the pieces just fit and I even shed a couple of tears.  Even though the whole cast talks with a twang, the story is really great.  So, if you dislike country as much as I do, I think you'll still enjoy this movie.  Go on and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE to hear form you! Thanks for leaving us a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...